Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Excuse or good reason? You be the judge...

Yes, I know I have been M.I.A. from blogging...and yes, I have a good reason (s)!
Is Christmas a good reason?
Is New Years a good reason?
Is Sister #2's Wedding a good reason?
Is preparing to move a good reason?

Ok, well I'm just going to go with...all of the above!

I have desperately missed blogging!
But the things that have replaced my blogging time have been pretty enjoyable...so, it's all good (am I the only one that wants to finish that phrase with "in the hood"?)

So, grab a cup of coffee (or whatever keeps you awake during a long blog post) and let's play catch up...

Christmas was wonderful! Hope yours was as well.  :o)
D and I (and the kids) greatly enjoyed our first Christmas together.  We had a great church service, enjoyed delicious food (my momma's gumbo) and presents with the family, then topped it off with some more church.  How fantastic was it that the day we celebrate Christ's birth was on a Sunday?! 
Made it a little more special of a day.  :o)

No gigantic New Year's celebrating to speak of.  Spending the first day of  2012 in church was a pretty awesome feeling though!
I can't think of a better way to begin a new year.
I made a few resolutions/goals for 2012 and will share those in a different post.
What did you resolve for 2012?

Sister #2 got married!  YAY!!!
It was a beautiful Wedding and I am so very happy for her and her Prince Charming and their precious little family!
Here are a few pics from her big day:






Let's see...what else is going on??  Oh yeah, I'm moving!
I am finally going to be able to live in the same city as D and JD, my family and my church.
Can I get a "Praise God!" for not living in 2 places any more?  lol

There is so much more to share, but I will leave you to process all of this for now.

I am excited to start getting back to blogging.  I have a couple of posts in mind and a guest post to work on, so stay tuned.  :o)

God bless!





4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so happy that you're getting to move back home! I bet you can't wait! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging! You sound like life has been busy, but so good for you :) Glad to hear that you are able to finally move back home to be with D, your family and your church :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew...life will be so simple now compared to 2011:) Glad you get to move closer to family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH glad you are back!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful little break. You look gorgeous in your dress (and all cutesie in your couple picture). Congratulations on your move!!!

    Have a wonderful blessed 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete