Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 days of Thankful - #6

#6 - I am thankful for...my church!!!

I became a member of my church on June 19, 2011.  
Before I joined, I fought God tooth and nail on trying to find a church closer to my house...for my own convenience, of course.  I visited several in or near my house and always ended up back in NOLA at GBC.  I knew all along that this was where He wanted me and was at peace as soon as I gave up and stopped fighting Him.

I am thankful for my Pastor who is a great man of God.
I am thankful for my Pastor's wife who is such a loving spirit.
I am thankful for the fellowship of good Christian people.
I am thankful for the auditorium where songs of praise are song and God's Word is preached.
I am thankful for the Sunday School classes where Bible stories and truths are taught.

I am thankful for a place where I can serve God.
I am thankful for a church with an overwhelming concern for lost souls.
I am thankful for a church that sends buses out to pick up kids so that they can hear about God.

I had the opportunity to spend some time w/ a few of these precious bus kids when we took them to the zoo this past Sunday.  What a blessing!!

I am thankful that I can call it MY church!!

--Lissa

No comments:

Post a Comment