Monday, September 19, 2011

I stand AMAZED!!

This Saturday we had our monthly Soul Winning Marathon.   Once again, God blessed immensely!! 

I spent last week praying and fasting about the Church's goals for the day and some personal goals I had set for myself, also.  The church-wide goal was for 100 people to be saved.  
My personal goal was to have 10 of that 100 be mine.  
It was a great day and we saw many people bow their heads and accept Christ as their Savior.  However, when we had gotten back to the church, I had only seen 8 people do that personally.  I was a little disappointed but knew that I would rather have "quality" over "quantity".  
While we were standing around sharing stories from the day a group of teens walked over to the back of the church property.  D and I went over and started talking to them.  He ended up leading a 15 yr old boy to the Lord and I had the opportunity to lead the 4 teen girls to the Lord.  
Not only did the Lord allow me to reach my goal, He blessed me by allowing me to exceed it!
The most amazing thing about the day to me was that when I sat down that night and went over my list, I realized that 11 of the 12 people that I saw accept Christ that day were ages 7-14.  How awesome is that?!  This was actually my first time (besides Toots) to ever talk to kids about God and Heaven...up until this point I had only talked with adults.  I once again stand in awe of the wonderful God that I serve and the things that he uses me to do!
Here are a few pics from the day:


The grand total for the day was 152 people saved!!   
(This included one man that D talked to who was about to commit suicide.)  


Even after the fact, just writing this, I am tearing up and am in total awe of the mighty God that we serve!!

I hope you guys have a Magnificent Monday!!



3 comments:

  1. That is just awesome!! It must feel amazing to be a part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kidding me. That is amazing. God is so wonderful, and how blessed you are that he is using you in this way!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep seeing all these wonderful numbers of people coming to Christ.....just concerned that someone is following up with them on a weekly/monthly basis to disciple them in Christ and help them grow? it would be sad if the seed that was planted got choked out by the weeds of the world.

    ReplyDelete