Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wham!!!

Ever heard the saying "The safest place is in the center of God's will."?  I've heard preachers say it from the pulpit.  I've heard missionaries say it as they prepare to head off to a foreign field that some would deem dangerous.  I've just never had to say it and apply it to my life...until Saturday.

It was a typical Saturday: 
prayer meeting, soul-winning, then heading off for lunch and miscellaneous activities with the family.
I pulled out of the church parking lot with Toots and my nephew in the back seat.  In the cars behind me were my mom, sister #1 and sister #3 with her husband...and D was just a few minutes away.  
As I started to cross the highway...(wham!!!)...I "t-boned" another vehicle who was traveling down the highway pretty fast.  It would take forever and wouldn't make much sense if I tried to explain exactly what happened.  Let's just say that I didn't see him coming, but I was at fault.  
Miraculously, nobody was hurt in my vehicle or the other.  
God protected us all!  



 It was a crazy, whirlwind of a day and I would like to share a few of the incredible things that happened. 

1. No injuries!  If I had pulled off a second sooner,he would have slammed right into my baby girl.  The outcome would've been much, much different.
2. The airbag did not deploy!  Because I am a short girl, I sit pretty close to the steering wheel.  If it had deployed, it would've seriously injured me. 
3. I am a pretty nervous person, in general, but as soon as this happened, my entire support system was right by my side.  How often does that happen with car accidents, unless they were in the car with you when it occurred.
4. Even though I was at fault, the State Trooper chose not to write me what would've been a very expensive ticket.
5.  As I'm at my sister's house, hanging out with the family, D goes to run an "errand" with my brother-in-law and comes back with a new (to me) car he went and bought for me.  "Happy Valentine's Day!", he says. 
Have I ever told you how much I love that boy?!  ;)


By the end of the day, with my mind still reeling from the day's events, I kept trying to make sense of everything.  But oddly enough, no sense could be made from it (atleast in my mind).  
How is it that even though, I was at fault and terrible things should've happened, I still came out on top?
G-O-D
He loves me.
He protected me.
He provided for me.
He gives me so much more than I deserve.
Because of all of this, I will continue to do what I know to be His will for my life.

First road trip in the new car!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wowowowowow! God is so good. I'm so thankful that you are okay Lissa! But you know what? God is good all the time. Love your post and your testament. Beautiful new car. What a great guy. Sounds like a "keeper". ;)

    ReplyDelete