Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wham!!!

Ever heard the saying "The safest place is in the center of God's will."?  I've heard preachers say it from the pulpit.  I've heard missionaries say it as they prepare to head off to a foreign field that some would deem dangerous.  I've just never had to say it and apply it to my life...until Saturday.

It was a typical Saturday: 
prayer meeting, soul-winning, then heading off for lunch and miscellaneous activities with the family.
I pulled out of the church parking lot with Toots and my nephew in the back seat.  In the cars behind me were my mom, sister #1 and sister #3 with her husband...and D was just a few minutes away.  
As I started to cross the highway...(wham!!!)...I "t-boned" another vehicle who was traveling down the highway pretty fast.  It would take forever and wouldn't make much sense if I tried to explain exactly what happened.  Let's just say that I didn't see him coming, but I was at fault.  
Miraculously, nobody was hurt in my vehicle or the other.  
God protected us all!  



 It was a crazy, whirlwind of a day and I would like to share a few of the incredible things that happened. 

1. No injuries!  If I had pulled off a second sooner,he would have slammed right into my baby girl.  The outcome would've been much, much different.
2. The airbag did not deploy!  Because I am a short girl, I sit pretty close to the steering wheel.  If it had deployed, it would've seriously injured me. 
3. I am a pretty nervous person, in general, but as soon as this happened, my entire support system was right by my side.  How often does that happen with car accidents, unless they were in the car with you when it occurred.
4. Even though I was at fault, the State Trooper chose not to write me what would've been a very expensive ticket.
5.  As I'm at my sister's house, hanging out with the family, D goes to run an "errand" with my brother-in-law and comes back with a new (to me) car he went and bought for me.  "Happy Valentine's Day!", he says. 
Have I ever told you how much I love that boy?!  ;)


By the end of the day, with my mind still reeling from the day's events, I kept trying to make sense of everything.  But oddly enough, no sense could be made from it (atleast in my mind).  
How is it that even though, I was at fault and terrible things should've happened, I still came out on top?
G-O-D
He loves me.
He protected me.
He provided for me.
He gives me so much more than I deserve.
Because of all of this, I will continue to do what I know to be His will for my life.

First road trip in the new car!
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Wowowowowow! God is so good. I'm so thankful that you are okay Lissa! But you know what? God is good all the time. Love your post and your testament. Beautiful new car. What a great guy. Sounds like a "keeper". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
    best cash for cars brisbane
    pick up cars for cash brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Local Cash for Car is a licensed auto removal company that buys all types of used, junk, scrap, broken, and damaged vehicles for as much as up to Cash For Cars Nundah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cash for Cars Hamilton is a licensed company in QLD. We are experienced in a wide variety of services such as cash for scrap cars, car removal, eco-friendly car recycling, spare parts cash for cars herston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing such a great post There are many reasons to sell my car Brisbane and cash for cars is the main reason. We offer you as high as $9,999 cash that is paid on the spot. With us, even your worthless vehicle has valuesell my car for cash asap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once satisfied with our free quote, customers can book an appointment with our team. Our team will come to your premises for inspection at your declared date, time, and location. And will present you with the final offercar wreckers gold coast

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second advantage is safety. Most mobile car wreckers come with automatic emergency lights and sirens that work when the vehicle is inoperable. This feature is also very helpful in providing assistance if there are people in the other vehicle. Most units also have emergency lighting, which also serves as an efficient way of seeing those trapped inside the wrecked car. In addition, you will want to ensure your safety before attempting to use a vehicle wrecker.Mazda Wreckers Townsville

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cash For Cars will even help you with the paperwork. For instance, if you want to use the dumpster to rid your vehicle of scrap metal, they can do that and even provide you with a receipt so you can keep track of what you have received and what you owe the company. There are many reasons you may want to use the cash for cars suburb, including making money through the sale or repair of your car and/or truck.cash for scrap cars woodford

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are not just a junk car removal service; they are a full-fledged motor repair shop as well. You can drop by the workshop and if you need help, they can fix anything that may trouble you. The Cash for Cars system has a network of mechanics ready to assist anyone who may need it. They offer payment plans and flexible terms and conditions, which are designed to suit everyone's budget and needs. They will quote a price after giving you an estimated date of delivery. They will then carefully inspect the vehicle before giving you a price to ensure that they are still within their price range and will not charge you unreasonable fees for the junk car removal process.Cash for Scrap Cars Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want to save some money, then you can call us for your car needs. Contact us for your car needs today. We are here to help you get back your life's pleasure with just a phone call away. Whether it is a car that needs to be chopped down, or a car that needs to undergo an auto repair Brisbane service provider company can come to your rescue.free car removal

    ReplyDelete
  11. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    car wreckers sydney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    cash for scrap cars sydney

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you have a car you don't want anymore, scrap car for cash rockhampton can be a great solution. Our company will buy your car for cash, and you will receive the cash right away. In addition to paying you cash for your car, they will also remove it for free. Simply call at official number to schedule a free valuation and get started on the process. If you live in another part of Brisbane, you can contact the Sunshine Coast or Toowoomba cash for cars. If you are located in Caboolture, you can also check out Caloundra cash for vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you have an old car that needs a lot of repairs, is running slow, or emits toxic gasses, then car removal broadbeach waters might be a great solution. They are always on the lookout for good vehicles to recycle, so they will happily pay you top dollar for your car. There are many benefits to recycling your old car, and you can sell it for cash for fast money today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you are looking for a place to purchase car parts and accessories, you have come to the right place. The wide range of genuine parts and accessories offered bysecond hand auto parts townsville will enhance your driving experience, providing you with the comfort, protection, and style. To place an order for car parts and accessories, just fill up the enquiry form on the website. Once you've finished submitting the form, you can expect a reply within the hour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cars for cash brisbane Buyers are a popular option for anyone looking to get rid of a junk vehicle in a quick and hassle-free manner. They pay the highest cash prices in Queensland for vehicles and guarantee safe handling of the vehicle after collection. If you're considering getting rid of your old vehicle, here are a few tips to help you decide whether or not to use the cash for the car buyer in Brisbane.

    First of all, there are a number of benefits of working with cash for car Brisbane. The company pays you the most for your old vehicle and will pay you the best dollar possible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are many benefits to getting a car removed from your property, and you can sell your junk vehicle for cash quickly and easily by cash for unwanted cars rockhampton. With a few simple steps, you can sell your junk vehicle for top dollar and get your vehicle removed free of charge. To get started, call 0421 389 499 and ask for John or SAF. You can also contact other local car removal companies, such as Ipswich cash for cars, the Sunshine Coast cash for cars, or Caloundra cash for your unwanted vehicle.

    ReplyDelete